Thursday, August 18, 2016

Are you jealous of other moms?

I remember the days of being in my twenties. That time in your life where you could never imagine being anywhere other than perpetually being twenty five. I'm now thirty one and I feel comfortable within myself. Most days I am happy with who I am, although I have my days where I curse myself for eating that Snickers bar or having that second glass of wine. But as we progress as women, mothers, and wives...I find myself wondering..do you ever find yourself jealous of another mother?

50's housewives were rockin'. They were the shit. Looking completely flawless in heels and a dress all while a pot roast is baking in the oven. Some days I Betty Crocker that shit it up in the kitchen. Other days, I look like a hot mess while serving chicken nuggets for dinner. We've all been there right?! I know we're not all perfect, but I have to admit I've found myself jealous of another mother. Maybe it was her Pinterest styled laundry room that I've been eyeballing. Or the fact that they find time for date night every week. Or the endless pictures they post of their adventures. I would of course never divulge her name because I would appreciate not being seen as some kind of psycho stalker..haha! 

But then I had a thought. If I was jealous of her...was she jealous of anyone else? We all have those moments where we don't feel like we measure up. Does she have her days where she stays in pajamas all day? Does she ever put her kids to bed early just to get some peace and quiet? I'm gonna go with probably. Because in this crazy world we call motherhood, there are just some days where all you can do is just get out alive. And pray to God you still have wine. So yes...she might have my Pinterest dream laundry room and her hair might look amazing in those pictures, but I'm sure she has her days just like I do.And I've learned to see it as inspiration, not jealousy. Knowing that we can be moms and still look freaking amazing while doing it. And while I'm sitting here still with a bit of envy of another mother, there might just be someone somewhere thinking that I too am fabulous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment