Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Beauty Within

I remember as a kid and telling my mama that I wanted to be a storm chaser. I would stand outside in the rain as she yelled from the doorway for me to get inside. Now while I still love a great storm, over the years I have changed my mind many times. Obstetrician, massage therapist, make up artist, elementary school teacher. But the one thing that never changed was my love of writing.

The time for writing has decreased over the years as I became a wife and mother. I love my family and what I do, and my writing has been my "me time". And after a year and a half of writing a collection of short stories, I finally published them. This has been a dream of mine for a very long time. I know not everyone will like them. Some might consider them vulgar and distasteful. Some might absolutely love them. But no matter what others might say, I put everything into this. And if at the end of the day, my mama is the only one who ever buys my book...that's okay. The frustration and late nights were worth it. To be able to hold a physical copy of my work in my hands. 

Never forget your dreams. Even if someone thinks it is stupid and not worth it. It's your dream. Put in the work and the tears. Because the joy of the finished product is amazing. And here I present you the cover of my book. My tears and sorrow. My joy. My dream. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment